Newsmax Column Suggesting Military Coup Against Obama!

Posted by Glenn SR | | Posted on 3:50 AM


I am an avid supporter of Health Care Reform, However the conservatives are showing off their true colors.  Something is wrong America. Perhaps indeed the last days of Bible prophecy?

 When does free speech become dangerous?    

Statement by U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano on the Threat of Right-Wing Extremism

share this page
Release Date: April 15, 2009
For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
Contact: 202-282-8010

The primary mission of this department is to prevent terrorist attacks on our nation. The document on right-wing extremism sent last week by this department’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis is one in an ongoing series of assessments to provide situational awareness to state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies on the phenomenon and trends of violent radicalization in the United States. I was briefed on the general topic, which is one that struck a nerve as someone personally involved in the Timothy McVeigh prosecution.

Let me be very clear: we monitor the risks of violent extremism taking root here in the United States. We don’t have the luxury of focusing our efforts on one group; we must protect the country from terrorism whether foreign or homegrown, and regardless of the ideology that motivates its violence.
We are on the lookout for criminal and terrorist activity but we do not – nor will we ever – monitor ideology or political beliefs. We take seriously our responsibility to protect the civil rights and liberties of the American people, including subjecting our activities to rigorous oversight from numerous internal and external sources.

I am aware of the letter from American Legion National Commander Rehbein, and my staff has already contacted him to set up a meeting next week once I return from travel. I will tell him face-to-face that we honor veterans at DHS and employ thousands across the department, up to and including the Deputy Secretary.

As the department responsible for protecting the homeland, DHS will continue to work with its state and local partners to prevent and protect against the potential threat to the United States associated with any rise in violent extremist activity.

###


This page was last reviewed/modified on April 15, 2009.






Comments (10)

Hear is a myth, at least as far as I am concerned, the right wingers think that Dems are so inclined to need a leader to drink kool aide with. If seats are lost in 2010, I got mines & I don't depend on Gov anyhow irregardless who is in office. If Obama & the Dems get defeated, I will wait on the Lord my God who despite what man wants, puts leaders into office and take them down. When Obama won the election despite the polls and with the fervor of the kitchen sink thrown @ him, it was an act of God, for whatever his reasons. Just as it was an act of God who put Bush in office yr 2000 despite the confusion in Fla for 8 failed yrs. I have learned long ago, that my ways are not God ways and the will of God seems to be foolish to our understanding---Think about it."

Let me hear your comments, your thoughts?

Glenn SR

Reginald Jackson October 3 at 8:02am
This threesome is the Satanic trinity,although I respect their right to freedom of speech,they hide under the cloak of political indifference which in short is semantics for "racism" from a white supremecist viewpoint. Extremely veiled and methodically shared under the guise of political opposition. This agenda feeds off of hate,ignorance,and racial divisiveness.

First off, I am not afraid to call myself a Christian who loves his country and hate abortion as most African Americans do. And this country will be judged accordingly. I love all people as commanded by the Word of God. I am a Proud Card Carrying member of the NRA and a staunch supporter of 2nd amendment. I have never been arrested. I never been on welfare neither has my parents. All 3 of my kids are in college & never been arrested, One is working on her doctoral degree on a full scholarship, my next daughter is going to be a lawyer The youngest, my son is going to be a school teacher.

I came from a home that had both parents as well as the majority of African Americans in my circle. And I had followed my parents example, may God rest there souls. My father fought in World War II as well as several relatives who's served in the military and even died for their country. So it makes me sick when I hear, "we are going to "take back our country." It's our country too!.

Politics is judged by accomplishments not lipflap. For those who do nothing will receive nothing from the people.

Republicans are traveling to China and telling the Chinese government to not believe our government. They are traveling to Honduras and engaging in a relationship with the group who overthrew their democratic leader and people don't want to believe these sick people are up to something that is not conducive to safety and peace within our country. This is the result of ignorant racist fears.

Seams like to me that's treason. Can you imagine how much hell one would catch if someone did the same to Bush?

Mo Carter

FOOLS...
October 6 at 10:31am

Joy Smith

You know, I can't even watch this....
October 6 at 12:34pm

Joy Smith

And you know, alot of what they attack him on has nothing to do with politics. My husband...a BLACK conservative, who sits and sides with these idiots will argue that just because someone disagrees with the president, doesn't mean they're racist. Um, the N word does not have to be used to confirm racism. It's obvious they hate Obama more than ... Read Morethey love their country. Any time they go into left field yapping about things unrelated to political issues is all the proof you need to know that their issues are with the man in the White House, and NOT his politics.
October 6 at 10:43pm

Leticia Facey

Joy, thank you for stating the obvious. There's so much satire and hate being directed at President Obama, it is sickening. I'm sure you and your husband have some interesting "talks" over dinner! LOL!!!
October 7 at 9:37am

Post a Comment

Because conversation is our mission, we publish all comments immediately. We simply request that you focus on the posted topic, and not attack anyone or use profanity. Thanks!